Chia Jam Christmas Cookies
The holidays are the best time to get in the kitchen and create delicious treats for your family to enjoy. The variety of Christmas cookies are unless but we love this recipe for simple and classic Christmas cookies with a healthy twist using our Healthy Crunch Chia Jam. Our Chia Jam is low in sugar with only 2 grams of sugar per serving, so you can feel good about eating jam again. Plus our Chia Jammakes the perfect filling for these simple, gluten-free, vegan cookies that are fun for the whole family to create. We wish you and your family and safe, healthy, and delicious holidays. Happy Crunching!
- 2 cups Gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup Healthy Crunch Chia Jam (we used Strawberry and Raspberry!)
- Powdered sugar, sifted (optional)
- In a large bowl, add the gluten-free flour, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Mix until dough starts to form. Knead dough with your hands and form into a large ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 250F.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll into 1/4” thickness in between two large pieces of parchment paper.
- Use cookie cutters & cut into equal outer rounds & inner shapes - re-rolling scraps as needed. Use both hands to lift the edges of the parchment paper with the cut-out cookies and transfer onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, rotating halfway through, until cookies are just slightly golden on bottom. Allow to cool for 15 minutes then lift the parchment paper to transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Fill cookies with Healthy Crunch Chia Jam and enjoy! Happy Crunching!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave a comment to let us know if you enjoyed this recipe. Please tag @healthycrunch and post a pic of you enjoying this recipe.